Parks & Athletic Fields
Softball and soccer fields not scheduled for league play are available on a rental basis for evening and weekend play at Antioch Community Park (Worth Shaw Sports Complex), Memorial Field and City Park. Applications must be picked up and fees paid at the Recreation Department Antioch Community Center, 4703 Lone Tree Way. You may reserve no more than two weeks in advance and not less than three working days prior to your use. FIELD AVAILABILITY IS NOT GIVEN OVER THE PHONE. AVAILABILITY IS ONLY CHECKED AT THE TIME OF RESERVATION. For more information, call 925-776-3050.
Softball Game Standings and
Wet Field Policy
The City of Antioch Recreation Department has a WET FIELD POLICY that all users, whether they have a permit or not, are expected to abide by. Fields are not to be played on if the turf is wet. Play on wet fields is dangerous to the players and very damaging to the turf. We have a FIELD CONDITIONS HOTLINE: (925) 776-3050 OPTION #4 updated after 3pm M-TH or by going to the website: www.teamsideline.com/antioch. Both of these options will help enable you to make a sound decision about field usage.
PARK HOURS: Dawn to Dusk
8am - 2:30pm - Daily Nov. 17 -
The picnic areas located in the Jensen Family Picnic Grove in the Antioch Community Park on James Donlon are the only reservable picnic areas through the City of Antioch.
Picnic reservation requirements and rules:
1. All fees must be paid when reserving.
2. Reservations must be made no later than 2 working days prior to the reservation (no later than Wednesday for the following weekend).
3. Groups need to pick up and place all garbage in garbage cans provided in the area.
4. Groups are responsible for damage to the picnic area during their use.
5. Permission is needed to bring any special equipment. Some equipment may require reserving party to provide insurance coverage to the City.
6. Alcohol Permit must be obtained from the Recreation Department for use of alcohol in any City park for a fee of $15 (alcohol can only be served in conjunction with food).
GROUP PICNIC RENTALS
Applicants may reserve any combination of picnic areas that fit their needs.
The City’s parks are for the enjoyment of everyone - to keep them that way, please observe these few basic park rules posted at each site.
*Alcoholic beverages are allowed only with a permit from the Recreation Department.
*Alcohol Consumption Permits will only be issued if alcoholic beverages are served in conjunction with food at a picnic, barbecue or concession stand environment (ie. City parks or sports complexes). Only beer and wine are permissible.
*Permits shall not be issued to groups for the sole purpose of consuming alcoholic beverages. Permit Fee: $15 per single use.
*Picnic areas are on a first-come, first-served basis (except in Antioch Community Park).
*Designated softball fields may be rented.
* You may obtain an alcohol permit at the Antioch Community Center, 4703 Lone Tree Way, Antioch.
No refunds for alcohol permits.
Air jumpers are allowed in the parks only if the company you are using has a liability insurance policy on file with the City of Antioch at the Antioch Community Center. To inquire please call (925) 776-3050 x-0. If they do not have insurance on file with the City, you must use another company. There is no electricity at any of the parks in Antioch.
Water jumpers or any other water equipment are not allowed in any of the Antioch City parks. Horses/ponies or any other livestock are not allowed in any of the Antioch parks. There is a noise ordinance in the City of Antioch - no loud music is allowed in the parks.