Parks & Athletic Fields
Softball and soccer fields not scheduled for league play are available to rent for evening and weekend play at Antioch Community Park (Worth Shaw Sports Complex), Memorial Field, and City Park. Applications must be picked up and fees paid at the Recreation Department at the Antioch Community Center, 4703 Lone Tree Way. You may reserve no more than two weeks in advance and not less than three working days prior to your use. FIELD AVAILABILITY IS NOT GIVEN OVER THE PHONE. AVAILABILITY IS ONLY CHECKED AT THE TIME OF RESERVATION. For more information, call 925-776-3050.
Softball Game Standings and
Wet Field Policy
The City of Antioch Recreation Department has a WET FIELD POLICY that all users, whether they have a permit or not, are expected to abide by. Fields are not to be played on if the turf is wet. Play on wet fields is dangerous to the players and very damaging to the turf. We have a FIELD CONDITIONS HOTLINE: (925) 776-3050
OPTION #4 updated after 3pm M-TH or by going to the website: www.teamsideline.com/antioch. Both of these options will help enable you to make a sound decision about field usage.
8am - 2:30pm - Daily Nov. 17 -
Picnic Area Reservations
Picnic area use/reservation requirements and rules:
2. Reservations for Jensen Family Picnic Grove must be made no later than 2 working days prior to the reservation (no later than Wednesday for the following weekend).
3. Groups need to pick up and place all garbage in garbage cans provided in the area.
4. Groups are responsible for damage to the picnic area during their use.
5. Permission is needed to bring any special equipment. Some equipment may require reserving party to provide insurance coverage to the City.
6. An Alcohol Permit must be obtained from the Recreation Department for use of alcohol in any City park for a fee of $20 (alcohol can only be served in conjunction with food).
Jensen Family Picnic Grove Fees and Capacities:
Alcohol Consumption & Park Guidelines
The City’s parks are for the enjoyment of everyone. To keep them that way, please observe these few basic park rules posted at each site:
• Alcoholic beverages are allowed only with a permit from the Recreation Department. Permit Fee: $20 per single use.
• You may obtain an alcohol permit at the Antioch Community Center, 4703 Lone Tree Way, Antioch.
• Alcohol Consumption Permits will only be issued if alcoholic beverages are served in conjunction with food at a picnic, barbecue, or concession stand environment (i.e. City parks or sports complexes). Only beer and wine are permissible.
• Permits shall not be issued to groups for the sole purpose of consuming alcoholic beverages.
• There are no refunds for alcohol permits.
• Picnic areas are on a first-come, first-serve basis (except at Jensen Family Picnic Grove in Antioch Community Park).
• Designated softball fields may be rented.
Air Jumpers/Other Entertainment
• Air jumpers are allowed in the parks only if the company you are using has a liability insurance policy on file with the City of Antioch at the Antioch Community Center. To inquire, please call (925) 776-3050 x0. If they do not have insurance on file with the City, you must use another company.
• There is no electricity at any of the parks in Antioch.
• Water jumpers or any other water equipment are not allowed in any of the Antioch City parks.
• Horses, ponies, or any other livestock are not allowed in any of the Antioch City parks.
• Video game trucks are not allowed at any of the Antioch City parks.
• There is a noise ordinance in the City of Antioch. No loud music is allowed in the parks.