Volunteering with Antioch Animal Services
Thank you for your interest in giving your time on behalf of Antioch animals! Our goal of promoting animal welfare and adoptions, as well as caring for our shelter animals, could not be accomplished without our generous volunteers! The gift of your time extends our resources and provides the human power necessary to support the people and animals in our community.
What do volunteers do?
There are many areas where volunteers help. Volunteers may walk dogs, socialize them and prepare them for adoption so they are ready when that special human comes to see them. Volunteers cuddle and play with cats to help calm them. Besides playing with animals, there are many other areas volunteers help with:
||Mobile Adoption Events
- Make a difference and improve the lives of shelter animals
- Connect with your community and fellow animal-lovers
- It’s FUN!
What is required to volunteer?
- Must be at least 16 years of age with parental/guardian consent if under 18.
- Antioch Animal Services asks for a minimum commitment of 2 hours a week for six months.
- Prior to joining, you must attend an orientation and have your fingerprints taken.
- Antioch Animal Services is able to accommodate short-term community service volunteers on a case by case basis. If you need to complete community service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Prior animal handling experience is not required
How do I get started?
- Download an application here and bring it to your orientation
- Live Scan is a digital form of finger printing that can be done at the Antioch Police Department. You will need to bring a form of identification and an AAS Volunteer live scan form to the APD lobby. Live Scans are performed by appointment and are at no cost to you. To schedule an appointment, please call 925-779-6921. Leave a voice mail with your name, number and that you need prints to volunteer at the animal shelter. You will receive a phone call to arrange a time. The Live Scan form may be picked up at Antioch Animal Services during business hours or at the scheduled orientations. Bring the Live Scan form for digital fingerprinting to your appointment. Fingerprints are required before volunteering and can be done before or after the volunteer orientation.
- Bring the volunteer application with you to your orientation
- RSVP for an upcoming orientation date by emailing email@example.com:
- February 3 at 11:00-2:00 (Saturday)
- March 3 at 11:00-2:00 (Saturday)
- Stay tuned for more dates throughout the year!
- Volunteer Orientations are held in the Antioch Police Department Community Room
Other ways to help:
We understand that not everyone is able to make the time commitment to volunteer. There are still many ways to help Antioch Animal Services!
Animal Services Menu